Friday, February 04, 2011

Who We Really Are

Earlier tonight, as my wife was flipping through channels she stopped on Michael Jackson's This Is It.  At first I didn't care to see it, but then I caught a glimpse of something I've never noticed before about him.  I saw a man, an amazing artist, who truly wanted the best for others and used his music and dance as an extension of his love for all living things.  I saw someone who really cared, and who enriched the lives of millions of people throughout his life.

While I admit to liking several of his songs, I've never considered myself a huge fan of his music.  However, what I saw in those last 15 minutes of that movie has made me a fan of who he really was.  It also made me think about what I do and who I really am.

Imagine if we all expressed our true selves, exposed for everyone to see.  I think the world would be a much better place for people to live.  I believe that many of us start out doing something with good intentions, but wind up just going through the motions on autopilot or moving along with the group, despite its direction, and lose ourselves in the process.  For those of us who have done that, it is a very worthwhile investment of time to rediscover who we really are, and strive to live up to that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

No Spam!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home